Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm here! I'm here!

Busy busy first few weeks of school.  Getting back into the swing of things proved harder than I thought.  The big girls volunteer one day a week at our church's free after school program and American Heritage Girls is in full swing.  Plus, the girls have riding lessons one day a week until the end of October.  Last week was their rodeo and it was so much fun!  Thankfully TL drives now so I don't have to run him to taekwondo or Boy Scouts.  He's had a nasty corn on the bottom of his foot from standing at work so much so he hasn't gone to taekwondo the last few weeks.  It is too painful.

We've only done four days of school each week.  That may be the norm from now on in September.  Its still canning season and trying to get it all done is proving difficult.  Last week I canned 10.5 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 6 more quarts of chili, and 20 quarts of applesauce.  I still have 5 more bags of apples to process.  I hope to get 16 quarts of apple pie filling and the rest in more applesauce.

Once the canning is done I need to clean out the barns and garage for winter.  It shouldn't take long but it keeps me very busy. 

I'll see ya'll on the flip side!  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Your kitchen must smell so good!! Always nice to hear from you.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is all your canning from your garden alone, or do you go somewhere to pick stuff to can? It has been a challenge to garden here in Florida. So much sandy soil, and all the red ants. I know God is faithful and will teach me how to do it if I wait for His timing. Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, friend for visiting today!
Please leave me a message and a link to your blog!